Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fried Chicken Luv


So as I get home after a long day of teaching and meetings, I put on my running shoes and go for a run.  It is amazing how tired I am driving home but I can manage to go spit out miles on hilly dirt roads.  GO FIGURE.  After I play ball with dog, shower, get my comfy clothes on and wait for Smalls it comes...hunger pains.  I put the television on as background noise and start lesson plans.  Then I hear it...the commercials.  Now remember I am not watching the TV only listening to it.  First it is a KFC commercial on their new “Original Recipe Boneless” chicken and then a Popeyes commercial for their “3 for $3.99” chicken and that’s it, I AM DONE!!! Screw spaghetti I want me some fried chicken!!! So I call up Smalls and let him into my fried chicken craving and guess what? He is all for it!!! Whoot whoot!!! So I pinned this forever and a day ago and pull it up to see how it is made.  I read it off to Smalls and ask if he can pull this off with what we have in the kitchen.  His answer...of course.  So I read off to again and he goes to town.  Well here is the thing with Smalls he has to make it “BOB GREAT” he can never leave anything alone.  So I walk into the kitchen to let the dog out and I see eggs...there are no eggs in this recipe.  Hmmmm.  Well he turned this recipe into this...

1 cup – Flour
2 cups – Corn Flakes
2 tablespoons - All Season
1 teaspoon – Celery Salt
1.5 teaspoons – Fresh Ground Pepper
4 teaspoons – Paprika
1 tablespoon – Old Bay Seasoning


Take everything above and put it into a bowl, once all of the ingredients are added toss it into a bag (we used a paper grocery bag).  Once that is done it is time for some fun!!! First cut and clean your chicken breasts. Next soak in milk, then dip in flour, then dip in egg and last put it in your Corn Flake mix bag. And SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE (till your arms fall off)!!!  So while you are doing the Harlem Shake with your chicken...preheat your pan with butter and oil, when your chicken, pan and butter are ready, its time to start cooking.  We fried our chicken for about 4 minutes a side on a med/high heat.


So you want to know how yummy it was?  Well...it was damn good and I think this might be our new go to for fried fried chicken.  Sorry dad I do still LOVE the Catalina Chicken you taught me to make so many years ago...  I hope you try and love this recipe as much as we did.  Let me know your thoughts.  And a big THANK YOU goes out to Amy at Your Life Uncommon for sharing her version.

Oh and the eggs were for the potatoes...

Andi

2 comments :

  1. Ok thanks!!!! Now I'm hungry again! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!!! Let me know when you try it and share your thoughts.

      Thanks for being an awesome reader and friend!!!

      Andi

      Delete